Chat to your friends and others around the world in a relaxed environment dedicated to Scotland and the people who have a connection to this great country. See what a great idea it is to be part of Scotster. It's free to join and to use: there are no Membership fees to pay. Whether you want online chat, photo sharing or to make new friends in your local area and beyond, it'll feel great getting to see and hear more about the stuff that everyone's doing so that you can join in too!
Launched October 2008
Scotster is brand new, totally free and one of the most advanced social networking websites for people with connections to Scotland. Spread the word to all your friends and contacts that Scotster has arrived and is 100% free to use. Check out some of the great features available on Scotster:
- Expand your social circle by finding people who enjoy doing the same things you do
- Detailed Scotster profiles; personal intro with name, location, photograph and key words; loads of multiple choice options to select; write dozens, hundreds or thousands of words about yourself; link to your friends and see networks of friends; track who has visited your profile—and the profiles of other people; set up polls to ask other members their thoughts on any subject you choose; see the events in which members are interested; check out their latest postings to the forums; public guestbook.
- Share photos and memories of good times and great places
- Massive photo galleries and video profiles; upload as many image gallery photographs as you want; create videos with popular sites like YouTube and embed them directly into your profile; store many different face shots; add captions, descriptions and key words for every photo; arrange your photo gallery in any order; tools to crop and resize your face shots automatically; privacy-protect images so that only your chosen people can view them.
- Link to your friends and chat with fast and easy-to-use messaging
- Unlimited storage with no time limits; send and receive instant messages; see at a glance whether you've read or replied to any message; refresh your memory with the message history feature; sort your messages by sender, by subject or by date; retrieve recently deleted messages; choose to receive email notifications of new messages.
- Discover Scotsters in your local area or within any distance from a postcode or place name
- Check who's online from any area; find people within any distance from any postcode or town; list people in your local area; see who likes your profile and gave you a thumbs up; explore the list of people who've visited your profile; browse a collage of all recently uploaded photographs; maintain lists of linked friends; keep notes on private contacts; find new members.
- Organise and promote social events
- Date, time, location and detailed information about what's going on; direct link to the organiser, making it easy to ask questions; list of other people who are interested and their likelihood of attending; chat about the event; links to other similar events coming soon; invite all your friends and contacts with one click; easily give invitations to other local members who are likely to be interested in your event; distribute messages and reminders to all or some of the people on the guestlist; manage the guestlist and download it to your computer.
- Have a laugh, get serious or ask for advice in our friendly forums
- Find people who share your passions, read and contribute to topics on hundreds of different subjects; create and vote on single choice and multiple choice polls; track topics and discussion forums that you enjoy reading; set placeholders to make it easy to keep up-to-date; quickly find other similar discussions in which you may also be interested; post anonymous messages on our peer support forums for everything from health to relationships and financial topics.
- Start talking right away by seeing who is online now
- Text broadcasts enable you to display messages to everyone online; stand out from the crowd; get your message across to everyone instantly.
- Find people with local knowledge about what to do and where to stay in places you're visiting
- See people who are like you and who have experience of the things that interest you and the places you're going; explore the massive diversity of Members by their interests; find events from abseiling to zorbing, photos from aardvarks to zebras, discussions from abba to zoology, places from Aachen to Zurich; enjoy an amazing array of content that we can match to your interests.
- The Scotster Pulse
- Keep up-to-date with the things everyone—or only your friends or contacts, or people in your local area—is doing on Scotster; a real-time list of activity across the whole site; includes profile updates and details of which sections have changed, notes about new friendships, uploads of new photos and videos, comments on photos, the creation of new events, the starting of new forums topics, postings to forums topics, the Shout broadcasts from Members.