A guide to the Clans and Tartans of Scotland: From Scottish Clan Information to Clan Merchandise, Handmade Kilts, Highland Outfits ... everything a true Scot should need and know.
|

FIND A NEW CLAN

enter clan name

follow us on Twitter

What Games We Play

quickfind:3358

Postings on this topic in the 'Skills, Talents & Leisure: Computer and Video Games' chat forum

This feature is provided by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland. Clicking on a poster's name will take you to the Scotster website to view the person's full profile. You may click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page or follow the links on Scotster. To post a message on this topic, please join Scotster.

what games we play
    from Andy C: SAOR ALBA (killieandy) photos on Sat 15/08/09 15:06

just a quick post to see what games people play on there computer. i usually play an online game called battlefield 2142 but also play battlefield 2 online as well. i am also part of a gaming clan caled uk forces which play these games
    off line i play dead space, civilization, crysis and some starwars games.
    what games do you play? are you in a gaming clan.

Re: what games we play
    from Ben D: English not British (ben) founder member member photos on Sat 15/08/09 17:57

I haven't played games on a computer since my Sinclair Spectrum 48K+ finally gave up on me in 1991!

from Elizabeth C: Writer, genealogist with a Gt. Newfenees (canadian.book.lady) photos on Sat 15/08/09 18:12

I'm addicted to Corral the Coo: http://www.scotster.com/corral-the-coo/

from Andy C: SAOR ALBA (killieandy) photos on Sat 15/08/09 19:40

quickfind:ben > " haven't played games on a computer since my Sinclair Spectrum 48K+ finally gave up on me in 1991!"

they were great games on the specky. all about the game play and not about how nice it looks. thats the trouble with todays games great looking but lacks in the game play

from Lynne G (lgourlay36) on Sat 15/08/09 19:48

I sometimes go onto Bigfishgames.com site and download something to play for an hour

from Ben D: English not British (ben) founder member member photos on Sun 16/08/09 10:25

quickfind:killieandy > "all about the game play and not about how nice it looks. thats the trouble with todays games great looking but lacks in the game play"

Oh it pleases me no end to hear someone say that! I do have a Spectrum Emulator buried on my laptop somewhere that has 3000 or so games on it :)

from Bede B: Newskyes - SkyeWalker (newskyes) photos on Fri 26/02/10 20:58

There are few games (for the PC) i don't play 8-)
    all the way from classics from 1997 or earlier to the latest brand spanking new stuff.

But currently i'm on Worms 4 Mayhem, No one lives forever. Devil May Cry 4 and Prince of Persia T2T

I must admit i do prefer the older games for exactly the reason killieandy said

from Andy C: SAOR ALBA (killieandy) photos on Sat 27/02/10 00:20

quickfind:newskyes > "I must admit i do prefer the older games for exactly the reason killieandy said"

think thats why i have started on games like bf2142 and bad company when it comes out as they are aimed at the online multi-player market and geared towards clan battles.
    we have a great laugh in our clan with each other for us it is about haveing some good fun while playing. we try not to take things to seriosly but will kick people for repeatedly breaking the rules.

from Darkside G: SAOR ALBA A NIS (darkside1314) photos on Sat 27/02/10 01:22

fm 2009

from Bede B: Newskyes - SkyeWalker (newskyes) photos on Mon 01/03/10 00:58

Yeah online games are amazing for the groups you get to know, i'll always remember flying through deep space being taught how to synchronized warp jump by an extremely layed back Dutch guy in EVE

from Andy C: SAOR ALBA (killieandy) photos on Mon 01/03/10 17:34

you might have come across some of my clan mates if you play eve. there are a few that were right into it.
    this weekend should be good with the release of battlefield bad company 2. most of my clan is getting it and we are switching our server over to run it

from Robert Y (rob.y1975) on Sun 25/04/10 23:00

FM 2010 , Medieval Total War 2 , Rise & Fall:Civilizations at War , Any Sid Meiers games all for the laptop

Army of Two:40 Days , Fifa 10 , Grid , Gran Turismo and a few more for the PS3

from Bede B: Newskyes - SkyeWalker (newskyes) photos on Fri 22/10/10 11:46

Whats everyones favourite Gener of game? or more like theme.

I tend to like a good Horror game, not much of a Horror film fan but in games you can usually carry a big gun and take out the monsters and ghouls rather than just defenselessly watching them lol

from Keith W (simworldpilot) photos on Thu 11/04/13 13:36

Not sure if it's a game or not but I "play" flight sims. Nothing quite like sitting with a map at hand and "exploring" the virtual world. It's good for helping me to understand the subject of aviation and related books.

from Philip A: Cogito, sumere potum alterum (phil) photos online on Thu 11/04/13 13:46

Current favourites, Soccer manager, and Lord of Ultima (RPG war game). Used to also enjoy Evony (RPG war game), Arcade Tribe Pool and Snooker, and (much further back!) Elite, Repton, Citadel (all for the Acorn Electron)!

This topic's tags: computers, gaming.

Would you like to chat about the clan?

Our social networking features are powered by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland.

We teamed up with Scotster to enable you to meet other people affiliated to the clan and to read and contribute to chat forums for the clan.

Please login. Not a Member? Click to join Scotster - it's 100% FREE.
    email: password:

Scotster. Where Scotland meets. Whether you're 100% Scottish, with Scots ancestry, friends or family, or you simply love Scotland, Scotster helps you to find people who share your interests:

• Create a profile showing your clan affiliations and chat in clan forums
    • Expand your social circle by finding people who enjoy doing the same things you do
    • Share photos and memories of good times and great places
    • Link to your friends and chat with fast and easy-to-use messaging
    • Discover people in your local area or within any distance from a postcode or place name
    • Organise and promote social events
    • Find people with local knowledge about what to do and where to stay in places you're visiting
    • Have a laugh, get serious or ask for advice in our friendly forums
    • Enjoy free unlimited access to all features
    Get started: