A guide to the Clans and Tartans of Scotland: From Scottish Clan Information to Clan Merchandise, Handmade Kilts, Highland Outfits ... everything a true Scot should need and know.
|

FIND A NEW CLAN

enter clan name

follow us on Twitter

Brown Is My Shepherd

quickfind:2066

Postings on this topic in the 'Everything Scottish: Scottish Humour' chat forum

This feature is provided by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland. Clicking on a poster's name will take you to the Scotster website to view the person's full profile. You may click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page or follow the links on Scotster. To post a message on this topic, please join Scotster.

Brown is my shepherd
    from Darkside G: SAOR ALBA A NIS (darkside1314) photos on Fri 20/03/09 22:25

by Huw Gilasbey

Brown is my shepherd, I shall not work.
    He leadeth me beside still factories.
    He restoreth my faith in the Conservative Party.
    He guideth me to the path of unemployment.
    Yea, though I wait for my dole
    I own the bank that refuses me.
    Brown has anointed my income with taxes
    My expenses runneth over my income
    Surely, poverty and hard living will follow me all the days of his term
    From hence forth we will live all the days of our lives in a rented home
    with an overseas landlord
    I am glad I am British
    I am glad that I am free
    But I wish I was a dog
    And Brown was a tree ….

Re: Brown is my shepherd
    from Jason F: Chief Scotster (snoboardr) founder member member photos on Fri 20/03/09 22:37

Well, everyone seems to be hoping he'll bail out the Dunfermline Building Society as he bailed out the Halifax Bank of Scotland and the Royal Bank of Scotland.

I just wish Alex Salmond and the SNP would bail out the Scottish financial institutions and then we could all stop worrying about what Gordon Brown, Scottish Prime Minister of the UK, can do to help save the financial institutions of Scotland.

tick 1

from Jai H (greeboheretic) photos on Sat 21/03/09 21:33

nothing would ever drive me to have faith in the conservatives.

tick 1

cross 1

from Alison F: Ex-Member (deleted:crystaldawn) on Sat 21/03/09 22:25

like that one Darkside. :)

from Raymond B (raybell_scot) photos on Mon 23/03/09 17:30

quickfind:greeboheretic > "nothing would ever drive me to have faith in the conservatives."

Depends what you mean by "faith".

I would never vote Conservative, but it's becoming clear that the Labour government is "tired" and out of what little talent there is. The UK probably needs a change of government (in my dreams this would mean that the countries in it all become independent, but that's not going to happen too soon - except, possibly with the exception of Scotland)

tick 1

This topic's tags: bank, british, brown, dog, dole, expenses, income, labour, tories, tree.

Would you like to chat about the clan?

Our social networking features are powered by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland.

We teamed up with Scotster to enable you to meet other people affiliated to the clan and to read and contribute to chat forums for the clan.

Please login. Not a Member? Click to join Scotster - it's 100% FREE.
    email: password:

Scotster. Where Scotland meets. Whether you're 100% Scottish, with Scots ancestry, friends or family, or you simply love Scotland, Scotster helps you to find people who share your interests:

• Create a profile showing your clan affiliations and chat in clan forums
    • Expand your social circle by finding people who enjoy doing the same things you do
    • Share photos and memories of good times and great places
    • Link to your friends and chat with fast and easy-to-use messaging
    • Discover people in your local area or within any distance from a postcode or place name
    • Organise and promote social events
    • Find people with local knowledge about what to do and where to stay in places you're visiting
    • Have a laugh, get serious or ask for advice in our friendly forums
    • Enjoy free unlimited access to all features
    Get started: