SCOTCLANS CHATS ON TWITTER TOO
A Call For Help To The Clan Mackenzie
Postings on this topic in the 'Everything Scottish: Scottish Clans and Tartans' chat forum
This feature is provided by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland. Clicking on a poster's name will take you to the Scotster website to view the person's full profile. You may click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page or follow the links on Scotster. To post a message on this topic, please join Scotster.
An appeal has been launched on the Isle of Skye to raise funds to celebrate one of Skye's favourite sons, John Mackenzie of Sconser. The Collie Mackenzie Sculpture Group are seeking to raise £120, 000 to build a sculpture of John Mackenzie and his internationally renowned climbing partner Norman Collie.The group have launched a unique scheme whereby a certain weight of bronze can be donated towards the sculpture, and donors will receive a certificate as a record to keep for posterity.
Mackenzies from all over the world can play a part in helping to make the project happen and help make history on the Isle of Skye.
To find out more visit : www.skyesculpture.com
I've bought my wee piece of Bronze :)
Thanks for your support Alan
We will post the certificate out on Monday and you will hopefully get it in time for Christmas.
why not ask the(seaforths) for help.
Would you like to chat about the clan?
Our social networking features are powered by Scotster, the photo sharing and social site for Scotland.
We teamed up with Scotster to enable you to meet other people affiliated to the clan and to read and contribute to chat forums for the clan.
- Create a profile showing your clan affiliations and chat in clan forums
- Expand your social circle by finding people who enjoy doing the same things you do
- Share photos and memories of good times and great places
- Link to your friends and chat with fast and easy-to-use messaging
- Discover people in your local area or within any distance from a postcode or place name
- Start talking right away by seeing who is online now
- Organise and promote social events
- Find people with local knowledge about what to do and where to stay in places you're visiting
- Have a laugh, get serious or ask for advice in our friendly forums
- Enjoy free unlimited access to all features